Blister or Worse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

billystar101

I've had my bearded dragon for over a year now. Little to no problems at all but I've noticed this the past couple of weeks. So he likes to stand up in his enclosure and have his belly on the glass a lot, sometimes he slides and tips over and in doing so he'll bump one of his rocks. At first, the spot was a little red so we figured that's what happened but now it's starting to look like a blister or something else. He winces just a bit when you push on the spot so it's starting to irritate him now. Before taking him to the doctor, I wanted to get some opinions. I tend to freak out on the littlest things when it comes to Ted so I'm just nervous for bad news at the vet. Any clue? This is the only spot and he has two heat settings in his enclosure so he's not overheated or nor humanity.

Pictures below

https://imgur.com/a/16G1Iaf

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That looks like a welt. Possibly from rubbing hard against something, not sure though. Is it getting larger? If not, try to protect it and prevent it from bursting which could risk infection. If it doesn't start to reduce in size after a while a vet visit is probably a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom