Gizmo got his official diagnosis today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
My baby has ADV, I’m a bit lost and looking for any support possible.

I got gizmo when he was about 4 months old. He ate well and husbandry was perfect.

Soon after bad blood in his stool and I brought him to the vet. He was tested and diagnosed with coccidia. I treated with ponazuril and sent in his stool again right after and it was clear! But gizmo still didn’t have an appetite and wasn’t growing well on his own. My vet decided to send out the test for ADV and the results came back today.

His only symptoms are low weight, no appetite, and failure to thrive. He is super tiny. Only 25 grams at 8 months old. Other than that he is super happy, and active, no other symptoms everything else looks good.

I syringe feed him 3x daily with 1ml each time of critical care, probiotic, calcium, bee pollen, and crushed bugs. Along with water with electrolytes in it.

I’m adding in serrapeptase, and a multivitamin as well once they get delivered.

He still had no appetite and his weight gain is very slow (.5 grams in a week). He is happy though and active but has frequent diarrhea. Sometimes there is a bit of blood in his stool still too. But most times there isn’t.

I love him so much and I am committed to doing everything I can to help him. Please tell me your happy and positive stories to fill me with hope! Any tips or similar experiences! Any tips to stop diarrhea? I feel like this is why his weight gain is so slow he is losing almost everything i give him.

Thank you all so much ❤️

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's a good sign that he is active. Keep offering hydrating foods to make up for the water loss in diarrhea. While ADV can be bad, there are several dragons who do well and have minimal symptoms. If you haven't already, I would speak with Tracie (Drache613) about this and try to develop a treatment plan. She has quite a bit of experience caring for dragons with Atadenovirus.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Tanya,

How is Gizmo doing, still having some trouble?
A member referred me to your post, I didn't see it here, sorry. I hope that he hangs in there,
I know he isn't doing well.
Are you keeping his temperatures a bit higher, to help out? The basking temperature range
is 95-110 so you could bump them up to a range more near the 110 in case a little warmer
temperatures help him out.
I can email you later as well.

Tracie

Tanyalove666

Original Poster
Thank you so much Tracie, my sweet baby passed away yesterday and crossed the rainbow bridge.

It was too much on his little body. He fought so hard and i took good care of him to give him extra happy time here.

Thank you for being so sweet

Drache613":172iz2a6 said:
Hello Tanya,

How is Gizmo doing, still having some trouble?
A member referred me to your post, I didn't see it here, sorry. I hope that he hangs in there,
I know he isn't doing well.
Are you keeping his temperatures a bit higher, to help out? The basking temperature range
is 95-110 so you could bump them up to a range more near the 110 in case a little warmer
temperatures help him out.
I can email you later as well.

Tracie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm sorry to hear he didn't make it =(. Thank you for giving him such good care and providing him with a good life while you could. It made a positive difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom