Transferring furnishings between enclosures

Status
Not open for further replies.

uscpsycho

My beardie passed away from unknown causes, two vets believe it was something like cancer or organ failure and don't suspect parasites or infection.

I want to transfer a camera and wireless temperature sensor from his cage to another reptile's enclosure. However, since we don't know the cause of death I want to make sure I don't inadvertently introduce something harmful to the new cage. Disease or parasite or whatever.

Is it OK to just wipe the stuff down with a disinfecting wipe since they have smooth, flat surfaces? Do I need to worry about sanitizing the inaccessible areas through small openings in the plastic cases? If so, how do I handle that? It's been over two weeks now, will any dangerous contaminant be naturally neutralized by now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom