Disinfecting driftwood log for pinworms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all! My boy has had a pinworm infection that he just can't shake. He was on Panacur for a month but still tested positively after completing the medication. I took him back to the vet who said to clean his tank with vinegar/water twice a day, everyday, while giving him another month of the Panacur. I'm happy to keep up with this vigorous cleaning regiment for the month, but I'm a little confused about how I'm supposed to keep his driftwood log clean. I was planning on scrubbing it and then baking it, but I obviously can't do that everyday. Any recommendations? Does anyone use non-wood for a basking spot? Thanks in advance!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Scrubbing and baking works. Spraying it with F10 or using a steam cleaner would do the job too. You can also use a flat stone or something like that for basking. Don't bake stones though, use a disinfectant like F10 on them.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
When I dealt with pinworms I baked her wood basking log every other day during the treatment. At the end of the day I took out the log, baked, left in oven overnight to cool even though it didn't need all night. Taking the thing out at night minimally disrupted her enclosure because she slept elsewhere inside her place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom