Serrapeptase and pneumonia

This forum is for people to discuss the issues specifically around having to deal with infectious diseases such as Adeno virus or Coccidia.

Serrapeptase and pneumonia

Postby Coliosis » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:24 am

Serrapeptase is often recommended for bearded dragons with respiratory infections due to its ability to reduce pain, reduce inflammation, thin mucus, increase antibiotic activity at site of infection, etc. BUT there have been documented cases in humans where serrapeptase has actually caused pneumonia - acute eosinophilic pneumonia.

Does anyone have any insight on this? Can this happen in bearded dragons? Has anyone here ever had a bad experience when using serrapeptase (whether to help treat a respiratory infection or something else)?

Any information or positive/negative testimonials would be greatly appreciated! :)
-Nicole

The Coliosis Clan: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=169129&start=0
The New Enclosures: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=169580&start=0&hilit=massive Suggestions Wanted! :)
Coliosis
Juvie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Serrapeptase and pneumonia

Postby Coliosis » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:06 am

Anyone have experience with serrapeptase and RIs/pneumonia? :?:
-Nicole

The New Enclosures: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=169580&start=0&hilit=massive Suggestions Wanted! :)
Coliosis
Juvie Poster

Postby Drache613 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:17 am

Hello Nicole,

I'm glad we have already spoken on this topic, but thought I would put some insight here on
your thread too. I just now saw it, sorry about that. :D
To be honest, I have not read anything detrimental thus far, on Serrapeptase or its affects on
health for humans & animals.
I got to thinking & it also could be the source of where the serrapeptase came from possibly,
if it were tainted or not cleaned in the harvesting process perhaps. If I do happen to read or
come across anything, I'll let you know.
Always things to learn!

Tracie
Drache613

Postby Coliosis » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:46 am

Thank you Tracie! :)
-Nicole

Coliosis
Juvie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Dealing with Infectious Diseases