Disinfecting for ADV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goatnator13

Hello, we had a baby from pet smart that we think died of ADV. I want to reuse what I can obviously, but want to make sure that it doesn't spread to our future dragon. I would like to clean his basking rock, tree, hiding log and food bowls to reuse, as we spent around $700 on getting everything right, diagnosing, an treating the baby before. The tank I'm not taking chances on. Will bleach and dswnfecting wipes kill ADV? Or do I have to replace this stuff still?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

A diluted bleach solution of 10 parts water to 1 part bleach will work well with Adeno. You can
also use a steamer to clean & disinfect the tank, too which is highly effective!

Tracie

Curious for my current situation - can anyone give me advise on if I have managed to do ‘enough’ to maybe get rid of the adenovirus in my viv?

I have taken the wooden 4ft Vivexotic Viv apart (back to flat pack) and have used a 20% concentrated household bleach with warm water and a sponge to clean Viv thoroughly (to get in all the edges).
I’ve rinsed this off with soapy water, patted down, and let air dry.
Left for 12 hours
Then used a strong F10 solution once rebuilt to clean again using a NEW sponge. Once again, left to air dry for 12 hours.
I have then SEALED the edges using a silicon style sealant. This was on Saturday (it’s now Monday)
I sprayed the viv with a weaker F10 solution several times throughout Sunday and allowing to air dry between sprays.
Finally, I have put a strong UVB and heat bulb on which is at about 40 degrees C!

Have I done enough to rid the virus? I know there is no definitive answer. But I’ve seen posts where people have done less...

I just need some reassurance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zazzep
Top Bottom