Beardie with (maybe) adeno. Please help:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenzieTho

I have a 6 month old male beardie that I purchased from Petsmart a few months ago. This week, he recently starting acting really ill. He had loose stool and even threw up on Monday. On Tuesday, I noticed he wouldn't even eat his food and when I gave him a bath he drank a TON of water, which he usually doesn't do. On Wednesday, he also didn't eat and started to have tremors. At first I noticed the tremors were mainly in his lower extremities, but then I noticed his entire body was basically shaking. So on Thursday (today), I decided to take him to the vet.

The vet said that when she thinks of tremors, she usually thinks of two things, MBD and adeno. She said she could basically rule out MBD since I have been practicing good husbandry and supplementing calcium frequently, but she did want to test him for adeno.

So, she tested him for adeno and sent his results to the lab. She also dewormed him just in case and gave me a special diet since he is starting to show signs of weight loss. She said I wouldn't get lab results for about 10 days.

In the meantime, I wanted to prepare for the worst. :( If my beardie is diagnosed with adeno, I just wanted to see if anyone could offer any suggestions regarding which steps I should take. I have researched a lot through these forums and it seems like the prognosis is mixed. I have seen a beardie that lived for 10 years, and another one that immediately passed away. I just want to be able to provide the best possible care for him if he does have adeno, so I am able to give him the best outcome and life. :(

I am really upset and he has been a great pal to me throughout college. Please let me know if you have any advice.

Thanks!
99041-6859253375.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Can you review your tank setup with us, to be sure it's all correct, especially the lighting & the
supplementation, too.
Did they not do a fecal before deworming him first?
The adeno test, was that done by drawing blood or a fecal test?
I was discussing this in another thread. I have been working towards a cure for adeno for quite
some time now. I have managed to clear both of our dragons out. It isn't a perfect science but
it gives some hope. We can discuss it further, should your dragon test positive.
The best thing is to always try to keep them in a low stress environment & on an even keel. There
are a few supplements you can use to help with their health & liver function, too.

Let us know how your boy is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom