Yellow fungus

Status
Not open for further replies.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah the SC is the super concentrate. You can buy it already diluted but it's more cost effective to buy the concentrate (I agree, be careful with it in concentrated form) Then mix it in a spray bottle at 1:125 with water. If outdoors isn't an option at this time of year, he may enjoy some time in a window to get some UVA/heat. Even sunlight through a window provides a really bright natural light that can't easily be replicated by artificial lighting and may be beneficial. I would consider the F10 treatment experimental but if his infection is still spreading it may be worth trying.

wolflover629

Original Poster
Is there anyway to post pictures from my phone ? I have only been able to get them on here from a computer. If not I can post some from work on Monday.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah I post them from my phone. View the site on a browser in your phone and you'll get the mobile version. Click the menu bar (Green button at the top) and scroll down to user image upload manager. Then press New Upload and select the image to upload. When the image is uploaded you can add more if you want. You can use the XIMG button to add them to your post when you reply either from a phone or computer.

wolflover629

Original Poster
Still working on the pictures. He is hard to get a picture of the yellowing because it is on his chest lol But I will say my spouse out of desperation put coconut oil on him. Just the areas that are yellow and that seems to be helping a lot. It is almost completely gone. Has anyone else had success with coconut oil before? Maybe it is just the oral medications, but it is for sure getting better. We hadn't used the f10 spray on him yet since the coconut oil seems to be helping. I do not put it on his back because of the basking light. Not sure what that would do. But as of yet there is no yellowing other than his chest and vent. I am worried about his upper lip. The fungus has def. spread up there. I will def. get a picture of that also.
thanks again for all your help.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad he seems to be looking better. The oral meds can certainly be effective. I'm not sure about the coconut oil. That may be providing some relief to the skin in terms of moisture but I don't know of it as an antimicrobial agent.

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
Hello there,
I am also dealing with a case of yellow fungus and it sucks :( Mine was diagnosed last April. She was on the terbinafine and voriconazole for 45 days last year. She was doing really well until a recent outbreak on her mouth and foot. She just lost her toe the other day. I put her back on the meds, but the terbinafine was upsetting her stomach, so right now I just have her on voriconazole. I have also been giving her collidial silver orally and grapefruit extract (2) drops a day along with echinecea. I just but the silver gel from Tracie at http://www.bug-de-lite.com. It really sucks and is so sad. My girl is still eating, mostly hornworms. It's been almost a year now and I hope that I can get this break out under control. I have 7 dragons total so it's very hard but I am super careful about treating her, then washing up good and not touching my other dragons before showering or changing clothes. It's been a long year.

45053-1412193627.jpg

45053-2910113060.jpg

wolflover629

Original Poster
Hi Laura, how many drops of the Echinacea are you giving with the 2 drops of Grapefruit extract? Im sorry your little one lost his toe. :( It is very sad. Also how did you know that the medicine was upsetting his stomach? Mine has been on the two antifungals a little over 30 days. He goes to the vet on Monday. Im hoping they will say to stop the medication. The coconut oil has did wonders for him. I am still working on posting pictures. I have such problems trying to do this. It has been touch and go with Severish and still is. Like last night he looks so much better, but he was sleeping a lot so that worried me. His appetite is off and on. Im hoping after he stops his anti fungal that his appetite will come back.

wolflover629

Original Poster
His fungus was so much better, but then he had a flare up of his mouth again. He was doing so good. I started him on the antifingals again, however they seem to make him want to vomit. It is a weird thing, his stomach heeves. I know I have considered euthanasia but I decided not yet. He has good days and bad. My last hope is trying to fix it without the antifungals. I am using collidial silver on it and giving it orally. It is a long shot , but I am trying. I am feeding him by a syringe baby food mixed with crictical care and omicare, with bee pollen and raw honey mixed in. I was giving him grape seed and echinacea but I am not sure if I should mix it with the collidial silver. I do not know if this will work, but I do not think he is ready to give up yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom