Dealing with coccidia

Status
Not open for further replies.

susan1919

The vet prescribed Albon but i opted to order the toltrazuril instead..I am worried due to it taking 10 days or so to get here..I hope i didn't make a mistake..I bought a new habba hut so i can bake one and have a clean one ready..Should i start the cleaning process now or wait until his medication is given? My baby is still eating pretty good but only seems to want one meal instead of two.. Thanks for all the help ..It sure is appreciated..

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Geez, hopefully you will get the Toltrazuril soon. That seems like awhile to wait! Most have
to send off to the pharmacy for them to compound it.
You can be proactive & use cardboard for basking areas & newspapers or paper towels for the
substrate to help cut down on reinfection & to keep things clean.
Have you already taken things out & disinfected them some now?

Tracie

susan1919

Original Poster
Drache613":1d3aqkiw said:
Hello,

Geez, hopefully you will get the Toltrazuril soon. That seems like awhile to wait! Most have
You can be proactive & use cardboard for basking areas & newspapers or paper towels for the

Tracie
Tracy i talked to a lady at beardeddragon.co today and she said it shouldn't take that long..I was going by what it said on the order..so hopefully it won't..I also ordered the cleaner for coccidia they have..I hope it is good..I clean his poop the minute he does it and i have baked his habba hut which i know will have to come out..When i totally clean his tank about how long do i need to keep him out of it? the cleaner says no rinse needed but i want to make sure its safe to return Marley..i really appreciate your help..One more thing..what probiotic should i give him with the medication and how often..thanks again

susan1919

Original Poster
susan1919":3nom5eeg said:
Drache613":3nom5eeg said:
Hello,

Tracie
Tracy i talked to a lady at beardeddragon.co today and she said it shouldn't take that long..I was going by what it said on the order..so hopefully it won't..I also ordered the cleaner for coccidia they have..I hope it is good..I clean his poop the minute he does it and i have baked his habba hut which i know will have to come out..When i totally clean his tank about how long do i need to keep him out of it? the cleaner says no rinse needed but i want to make sure its safe to return Marley..i really appreciate your help..One more thing..what probiotic should i give him with the medication and how often..thanks again
do you mean a cardboard box?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, cardboard shaped in to basking platforms, or small boxes that he can climb up on.

susan1919

Original Poster
susan1919":a0wkj6uf said:
The vet prescribed Albon but i opted to order the toltrazuril instead..I am worried due to it taking 10 days or so to get here..I hope i didn't make a mistake..I bought a new habba hut so i can bake one and have a clean one ready..Should i start the cleaning process now or wait until his medication is given? My baby is still eating pretty good but only seems to want one meal instead of two.. Thanks for all the help ..It sure is appreciated..
I was able to track the order today and its expected delivery date is Thursday... :D I also ordered the bene-bac gel and it said Friday..So hopefully by friday i will be all set..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom