Concerned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donah

I am concerned about my beardie King Kovu. He is 4 y/o and we have had him since a baby. The last few weeks he has been staying on the cool side of his tank. Sleeps a lot but peeks at you if you come in sight. No interest in his greens or prickly pear which he loves. If I offer super worms he is all for it. If I take him out of tank he will crawl around me then settle down and sleep. Gave him a bath a couple of days ago. Again normal behavior. He was living with my son the last few years and I am waiting to hear back from him if he has done this in the past during this time of year. I suspect he is brumating but is too nosy to do it completely. Am I correct? Also he is in a room that has a lot of activity. Is that what is disturbing him?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Have you been tracking his weight? A lot of them have been going into some level of brumation (it's not always constant sleep) this year and it sounds like that's what he's doing too. I would record his weight every few days to track the trend and look out for jet black beard or other signs of illness. Offer him some water by dripping it on his nose to lick up if he wants some. Otherwise I'd just let him do his thing.

Donah

Original Poster
I have never weighed him but am starting. I did a bunch of reading on this site and am pretty positive he is brumating. Thanks for the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom