Can humans give pin/thread worms to bearded dragons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting a dragon soon, but I have 4 and 1 year old cousins who like reptiles. Kids are dirty, and can get pinworms easily, I know that, but can they get to my dragon ?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Kids are dirty but reptiles are dirt-IER. :) Your concern should be can the kids get sick from the beardies actually. But no, don't worry about your kids giving the parasites to the dragon, if the kids were touching nasty things ad became infected with parasites, they themselves would be needing treatment. A beardie can live with a light load of parasites .

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree that it isn't much of a threat but the concern should be more for the kids becoming ill. I would try to get the kids to wash their hands before and after handling the dragon to help minimize the threat of passing any nasties back and forth. The risk is small based on what I've seen and made even smaller when hand washing is practiced and the dragon is kept in sanitary conditions (poops cleaned up promptly and areas sanitized well etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom