Weird bugs in bearded vivarium

Status
Not open for further replies.

rukita

90274-9872319740.jpg
Can some please tell me what these are? They are extremely tiny and i found my bearded attacking them in his vivarium. I've cleaned out his entire tank, changed his substrate and soaked his drift wood in hot water but they still seem to be coming back. I've also noticed his eating habits have changed since then.
Please help

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Can you post a photo with a coin for scale? They look like they could be buffalo beetles but they are relatively large. Not a lightning bug because it doesn't have a red head which is fortunate.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't know much about them. I doubt they'd be harmful to a dragon. It looks like they don't tolerate heat or cold very well so they hid inside houses kind of like box elders and asian beetles do around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom