Colloidal Silver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
I have a lizard that came to me in rough shape. He had protruding tissue from his eyes. He also had in infection on his head. It appeared to be fungal...but the vet felt it was retained shed. He diagnosed the lizard with fat deposits behind the eyes putting pressure on them. He advised a diet...the lizard is not obese. The appointment was the first of December and I usually turn all the heat and lights off for 4 months for brumation (not a bearded dragon). So the diet would happen during brumation. The protruding tissue wasn't better when I woke him a few days ago. So I started spraying his head and eyes with colloidal silver and the eyes and head have improved to the point it's nearly cured!! The skin infection scabby area sloughed off with good tissue underneath. The eyes are less swollen and should continue to improve.
Almost like a mirical!!

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thanks!!
I was amazed to see it start to reslove so quickly and easily. The head infection may have begun healing before the colloidal silver. I had put a bunch of Neosporin on it before I brumated him. So it was on there 3.5 months, but I really do think the silver sped up healing because I couldn't debrid the wound when I woke him. But the protruding tissue around the eyes is gone...it was so bad I thought the eyes were going to pop out.

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
The reptile wasn't really a rescue, it was sold to me without disclosure of the medical problems. It was a very expensive reptile (over $1000 with shipping) that was purchased for my breeding program this summer. Once I got the reptile I was unsure if I could even place him with my females due to the unsure diagnosis. Last thing I want to do is jeopardize the health of any other reptiles by placing them with him.
So far the medical problem seems to continue to improve, so I still may be able to place the male with the two females I had intended to. I bought some antifungal ointment to start putting on his head where the thickened skin and scaling were. Once I'm sure I know the issue is cleared up I am going to notify my vet of the treatment I used...maybe other reptiles will be able to benefit from sharing the info with him.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Wow, that really is great news it worked so well!
What ppm did you use on him? I'm glad to hear he has improved so much.

Tracie

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I started out with 120ppm I bought until I ran out of it. Then I made some at ~40ppm...it's an estimate because I don't have a ppm meter. The strength was calculated by how long it took to make the solution with my generator.
I really wasn't expecting the results I got with the treatment. Still amazed that it worked so well...

Before
[ximg]85426 312248976[/ximg]

After[ximg]85426 7584228283[/ximg]

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
The FDA is so contradictory...it says there are no medical uses for colloidal silver or ionic silver and it could be harmful. I do agree there is risk of turning yourself into a "Smurf" if over used, but I have seen benefit in its use in humans, and now reptiles. Not only that but several medical companies make silver containing dressings that are used in most hospitals, there are even FDA approved prescription medications that contain silver as their active ingredient. Even though I have been in the medical field for 30 years I don't blindly believe everything the FDA states. Even they can't agree on what they are saying...they are contradicting themselves.
https://www.fda.gov/OHRMS/DOCKETS/98fr/081799a.txt
https://www.drugs.com/pro/silvadene.html
https://www.convatec.com/wound-skin/aquacel-dressings/aquacel-ag-surgical/

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Wow, that is really great progress, how wonderful.
The FDA simply doesn't want people to use alternative measures for self healing. It would put the pharmaceutical companies out of business in a minute!
The only risk of turning yourself blue is if the particles are too large for the body to absorb & it is stored & turns toxic. In good quality ionic particles, there shouldn't be any risks at all.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom