Yellow fungus?Yes Frankie did have Y.F

Status
Not open for further replies.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Can you post a photo a bit closer up? It's too small for me to see it with much detail. It could just be that area is about to shed which can cause the skin to have a yellowish tint in some dragons.

nathb1

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok i will take a photo tomorrow in daylight.
I hope its a shed, when i scratch it some skin did fell but didnt think it was yellow due to shed
We got her 14 days ago we moved and changed tanks between that time she doesnt eat much.She is 8 grams and has been since we got her.
She has perfect heat 95-110 if she wants too cool side around 75-80
Reptisun tube 10 .tiles as substrateI have another bearded dragon and she is doing well housed in Different tanks.
So hoping since she is a baby and moving tanks and spot she hasnt been able to settle really.

Ty:)

Skipper7

Juvie Member
I'm not sure what it is. However, I would advise you to "quarantine" her for the time being. By quarantine I mean:

Get each beardie separate tools (anything that comes in contact with her or the cage)
Do not let the beardies interact or be in/near eachothers enclosures
Wash your hands before and after handling either beardie or their supplies/cages. Meaning if you touch the beardie in question or any of her supplies, wash hands before interacting with the other.
Feed in separate tubs.

If this does happen to be YF you want to do everything possible to avoid spreading it to your other dragon.

If it doesn't appear to be shed or you just have a funny feeling about it I would take her to the vet. You have the best chance at beating YF when treatment is started early.

I'm sorry if this is common sense, I'm not trying to patronize you. I only want the best for your cute little girl!!

nathb1

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
As of today i have taken this very seriously i have cleaned dixie's cage boiled everything , deep clean her cage.wash my hands , etc..thats my 7 month old beardie.
I will take the little one to the vet if i see that it is yf.I take good care of my animals and wouldnt/couldnt let them suffer.
I will send another pic in the am to see if you guys with experience can tell me if its yf.
I dont know but seems Frankie's lips are less fungus loooking but will post a pic in the am.
Let's hope its not cuz im worried about Dixie's well being as well now.
Not a good day for me right now.
Skip thanks for the info, you are not patronizing,.Glad for the info I receive here on this forum .:)

Skipper7

Juvie Member
They really do steal your heart, don't they?

I'm glad you sanitized the older dragons tank. Several people on here are usually very accurate when looking at pictures of something like this. Either way, I'm glad you're going to make a trip to the vet.

I really hope he is ok and we're just overreacting!

nathb1

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Damn they do steal our hearts!
I am a 44 year old women, i had dogs all my life.My kids wanted cornsnakes and i thought great!Feed once a week and keep water clean , they dont stink great, thats something i can commit too
Watching them eat and shed was like awesome! Then i thought id like a little reptile of my own. Chose bearded dragon,
how can u not love them, they are cool to look at, mine does her beauty routine in the am,flexing her beard and bulging her eyes lol. They are vulnerable creatures dont say anything, no defense.
I cant cuddle her like my dog, but i enjoy watching her everyday, funny pose, how she sleeps, jst awesome!

nathb1

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Here are the pics:Iposted in health forum as well
88515-3548093317.jpg
88515-3054660736.jpg
[ximg]88515 3921878385[/ximg]

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That still looks like yellow tint to shedding skin to me but I'm not certain. Watch the area closely and if you see it start to look like a scab or wound I'd see a vet. A vet can take a skin sample for analysis and determine if it's YF or not for sure. If it is, then it's best to begin treatment early.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That's great it doesn't seem to have spread at all. It is most likely shed. Keep us posted on him.

Tracie

nathb1

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I think it wasnt yellow fungus , it looks better probably a shed . But still keeping an eye out for it. It has not spread .
She is eating better 3 times a day few cripple crickets each time she is scared of them if they are not crippled! she is now 11 grams and shedding her tail so.... looks good:)
Still not gaining alot of weight as I would like too ...slow process. I am feeding her 3 times a day 1/4 of crickets,she has no desire to eat reptiworms , silkworms, if she eats 1 or two butterworms the next day she doesnt eat at all .So we stick to the crickets and make sure she gets alot 3 feedings daily...
Thanks all for the info and suggestions
Nat

Skipper7

Juvie Member
I'm glad she is doing better. Are you supplementing crickets with calcium or vitamins? (Use put a pinch of calcium in when you shake the crickets to cripple them)

You can also see if she will eat a slurry to get more food + vitamins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly_Eaton
Top Bottom