How do I treat my bearded dragons tail rot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stitch2002626

When my bearded dragon was little, she got tail rot. We went to the vet and they clipped the completely dead part off and then told us to massage the tail with a warm wash cloth. It's been a few years now and she has gotten tail rot again. I don't think we can afford to take her to the vet and I don't know what to do. I don't know if it is bad or is just needs some care. I'm very worried for the health of my bearded dragon. What do I do?

Stitch2002626

Original Poster
89683-2939569839.jpg

Here is the picture of the tail. I've heard of using neosporin, but I'm not sure if it is safe. I don't want to make it worse. Is neosporin safe for them?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's actually not tail rot....who told you it was ? If there's a bit of darkening to the end it can be perfectly normal. You can put a bit of Neosporin on if you'd like, but it doesn't really need anything.

To post it elsewhere, just start a new thread, then you can link this one if you want. But her tail looks O.K :)

Stitch2002626

Original Poster
AHBD":2sgmz5kc said:
That's actually not tail rot....who told you it was ? If there's a bit of darkening to the end it can be perfectly normal. You can put a bit of Neosporin on if you'd like, but it doesn't really need anything.

To post it elsewhere, just start a new thread, then you can link this one if you want. But her tail looks O.K :)

Thank you. Her tail started chipping away while playing with her and it looked like tail rot to me. Thank you so much.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You can post a few more pics if you're still concerned....try to get it in good lighting.

Could be a bad shed causing her to lose circulation in her tail, making pieces fall off. Try a warm bath 1-2 times a day gently massaging the tail. I do a light pinch-pat up down and around the area. I'm currently treating a dragon at work like this and since last week his tail is much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom