Coccidia in my beardie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I recently like 3 hours ago came back from the vet with my beardie. She is healthy, and weighs 210 grams and is 4 months or so old, I bought her from a reptile show about a month ago, so that's were I am guessing she got it from cause I always clean her poop up right when I see it and don't let any crickets roam around after she finishes eating her fill. Anyways, the problem is when they did her stool sample they found coccidia, the gave me panacur suspension that I give today and the next dose in 2 weeks from today, as well as Albon 5% which I give every day for 7 days. She lives in a 75 gallon, but luckly I had an old 55 gallon tank from my older beardies that passed away not to long ago:( anyways I recleaned it out really good and just put paper towels and some card board so at least she can get decently close to bask. As for my big tank I put some bleach and hot water and let it sit and soak, but I been reading around that bleach dosent really kill coccidia:/ she has tile that I also bleach and plan to put in the oven, but I guess I am just wondering is there any kind of cleaning agent or disinfect or something like that, that can kill any coccidia that could be still present. I just want to make sure she is healthy, I have heard about f10 but idk if that kill coccidia, as well as Roccal D (but that's insanely expensive), if you have any ideas of anything I could use to sanitize the tanks each day I switch her out from one clean tank to the other I would appreciate it! :)

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
10% Ammonia solution should kill it. You have to make sure its rinsed and aired out really well. Steam cleaners also work...
If you want temporary housing that is easy to clean and rotate you can use clear plastic bins until things clear up.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Steamers work the best, absolutely. I believe the F10 will kill coccidia, as well as ammonia, too.
Be sure to rinse well & let it air dry for sufficient time, too.
I hope your dragon is doing better!

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pooper
Top Bottom