Pinworms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitenerj

So my beardie was diagnosed with Pinworms and Coccidia 2 weeks ago. She got treated for the pinworms with Pancur at the vet and took 2 weeks of Albon for the coccidia.
When I took her back yesterday for a 2 week checkup she had no coccidia but they said she still had pinworms and gave her another dose of Pancur. They want to give her 2 more doses of Pancur over the course of 4 more weeks. Is it really that difficult to get rid of pinworms? Has anyone had 4 treatments for pinworms before?

MsCarter

Juvie Member
It can be difficult, it took my girl 2 treatments of pancur to finally get rid of them. I honestly only treated her because she had hookworm as well and the medication killed both. Pinworms are one of those things that are harmless in small amounts. Some vets (mine being one) will not even treat small cases of them.

Just make sure to keep your dragons cage clean so he doesn't reinfect himself. As long as you can do that another dose or two should wipe them out. Pancur is usually harmless as well so giving another treatment shouldn't hurt just keep him well hyderated while taking the medication

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom