Pinworms, Flaggelates, + Coccidia

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdishon95

Hey all,

Recently I sent in a fecal for a young female of mine because she seemed to be growing a bit slow. The fecal came back lit up with pinworms, flaggelates and coccidia. My vet told me to give my beardie Albon + Fenbendazole. I am pretty against Albon, It really destroyed my other beardies digestive system and took months to recover. Fenbendazole is not too destructive is it? Instead of Albon I believe I am going to do a cycle of Marquis Paste (Toltrazuril) + Fenbendazole.

DOSAGE?
----------
The dosage for the fenbendazole says 1 daily dose (.15mL) for 5 days straight, then again in 3 weeks.
Does this sound accurate?
The marquis paste is also 1 dose per week for 3 weeks, which personally I like the sound of much better than 5 days in a row.

Thank you,
I want this girl to get big and healthy, these pinworms have set her back a bit but she can catch back up :)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi jdish....Drace613 [ one of the mods. ] would be the one to help with dosing. Shoot her a p.m .....or she'll probably be on in the evening.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I moved your thread to th is forum, since you are needing help more with dosing & medication for parasites, etc. I hope you don't mind. :D
What is the strength of the Fenbendazole or Panacur, does it say?
There are a lot of different ways to give Panacur but I normally recommend once weekly, for 2-3 treatments. That is usually pretty effective. That is correct, it is a relatively mid medication so it shouldn't interfere with the GI tract too much.
What is the strength of the Albon, or have you decided against giving that one right now?

I can certainly help with dosing, but I do need your dragon's weight as well as the strength of the solution. Thanks,

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom