Pinworms, Flaggelates, + Coccidia

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdishon95

Hey all,

Recently I sent in a fecal for a young female of mine because she seemed to be growing a bit slow. The fecal came back lit up with pinworms, flaggelates and coccidia. My vet told me to give my beardie Albon + Fenbendazole. I am pretty against Albon, It really destroyed my other beardies digestive system and took months to recover. Fenbendazole is not too destructive is it? Instead of Albon I believe I am going to do a cycle of Marquis Paste (Toltrazuril) + Fenbendazole.

DOSAGE?
----------
The dosage for the fenbendazole says 1 daily dose (.15mL) for 5 days straight, then again in 3 weeks.
Does this sound accurate?
The marquis paste is also 1 dose per week for 3 weeks, which personally I like the sound of much better than 5 days in a row.

Thank you,
I want this girl to get big and healthy, these pinworms have set her back a bit but she can catch back up :)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi jdish....Drace613 [ one of the mods. ] would be the one to help with dosing. Shoot her a p.m .....or she'll probably be on in the evening.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I moved your thread to th is forum, since you are needing help more with dosing & medication for parasites, etc. I hope you don't mind. :D
What is the strength of the Fenbendazole or Panacur, does it say?
There are a lot of different ways to give Panacur but I normally recommend once weekly, for 2-3 treatments. That is usually pretty effective. That is correct, it is a relatively mid medication so it shouldn't interfere with the GI tract too much.
What is the strength of the Albon, or have you decided against giving that one right now?

I can certainly help with dosing, but I do need your dragon's weight as well as the strength of the solution. Thanks,

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom