Best way to sanitize Viv

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsCarter

Juvie Member
My poor girl is currently battling a tapeworm infection. We have been through many vets and different courses of treatment only to keep seeing tapeworm segments in her poo. We finally have a good vet that prescribed the correct medication, praziquantel, as well as the right dosage. Since we have been through hell and back trying to defeat these nasty jerks I want to do everything in my power to get rid of them once and for all.

I'm wondering if there is a product that I can use to clean her Viv out after she poos that will completely kill any eggs but won't be as harmful as bleach or other toxic chemicals?
I am currently using paper towels as a substrate since I can just dispose of them once she poops. On top of this I have been removing her from the Viv as soon as she "goes" and using boiling water to whipe the entire area down.
Any suggestions are welcomed and will be appreciated.

You can used diluted bleach around the tank, take out any litter any wipe down the cage with it,(wet a sponge or paper towel with it) and do this twice and let it air dry, if you smell any bleach from the tank wipe it with a wet paper towel this should help getting rid of any bacteria in the tank! :)
Lauren

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I suggest using F10SC or a portable steam cleaner. Both of those options will sanitize surfaces safely and effectively.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Red wine vinegar is much stronger than bleach, used in some countries to kill cholera even. Use it on everything, one part vinegar to ten parts water or even more diluted than that will work. White vinegar is no where near as strong, it's the red wine vinegar you use.

MsCarter

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thank you all for you comments. Each of these are great ideas that I will take into account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom