My bearded dragon has something on her eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caitvenezia621

88730-5781100215.jpg
the other night I noticed that my bearded dragon wasn't opening her eye as wide as usual so I looked at it and she has this dark /clear spot on her eye. Not sure what it is. She has a carpet bedding due to other health issues she can only have paper towels or reptile carpet that is soft. Im always cleaning her cage out. i have a picture of her eye as well. I don't want to have to take her to the vet if it isn't anything too serious.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Cait, can you post a few closer up pics even if they are upside down? In the mean time, raw unpasteurized honey [ like from a health store ] can be applied to an eye wound/infection. Just warm a bit of water + mix it with the honey so it's easier to apply, then dab it in with a Q-tip 2-3 X a day. If it gets worse, you'll want to see a good vet that has experience with beardies. If you use the honey, be sure there are no loose crickets in her tank.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Just wondering how your dragon's eye was doing? Have you tried the unpasteurized honey on it?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom