Yellow fungus or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exoshocker

I got my bearded dragon two months ago and he is about 11 months old and doing just fine. But for as long as I've had him he's always seemed to have his to left arm slightly yellow and thicker. I'm pretty sure it's just really bad reatained shed, because it looks like it's kind of peeling, and he's had spots like this before that came off, but yellow spots on a beardie never mean well.
88232-6947100912.jpg

MsCarter

Juvie Member
I really don't know much about yellow fungus I've never had any dealings with it,so hopefully someone else will chime in.
However, i would definitely take him to vet asap! and keep him away from other reptiles until you know for sure. If it is yellow fungus it's highly contagious. It can also spread to other parts of the body including internal organs. while the picture you have posted does resemble other pictures I have seen of the illness, a vet will be able to provide a proper dignoses

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It doesn't look like yellow fungus to me. How long has it looked like that?
Have you tried bathing him to see if that helps with any possible retained shed?
You can try using shea butter or aloe vera to moisturize the skin to see if that works.

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I was just wondering how the skin issues were coming along, has it shed off yet?
I hope he is doing good! :D

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom