Retained Skin or Infection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragibun

Hello beardy fellas :)

I have Choko male beardy 6months old juvenile and got him recently about 1 and half months ago. He was tested with parasites before he was given to me.

Cho has problem with his side spikes.
One time he was shedding his belly and back at the same, it came off quite late and half or 3 quarters from the thick part of his side spikes is black now. (Only about 7of them around his chest area)
Would it be because of not good humidity?

Teps are 38-41 Degrees depending of opening cage or not and cool side stays 28-30 and one single hiding spot at 26. Uvb is arcadia 6% and lightbulb is 60watt medium wide beam regular reptile bulb. Cage is about 55gallon. I feed him vegies as usually or trying to offer everyday wether he eats it or not and normally I feed him crickets with calcum powder without D3. He has been living on canned crickets, dragonfly larvaes and repashy grup pie because crickets egg tray has been broken appart by a kid visior x.x therefore have to wait about 1 week for newborns to grow.

Im quite worried now as the same thing is happening on his side head now where the skin of shed seems shrunken and looks like its suffocating the skin bellow before it could even peel off on its own.

If you would need a photo let me know.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, yes pics would be very helpful. Do you know the humidity level in the tank ? If it's too low a dragon may have trouble shedding. But the fact that you say it's black is of concern, so do post a few good pics.

Dragibun

Original Poster
Here are pictures of Choko's skin. I put both sides of his spikes so you can compare. Also I have uploaded recent shed on his head which shows hopefully the skin looking quite shrunk. Bare in mind that he poops only in baths (potty trained ^^) and so he gets baths in the morning and 1 or 2 misting sprays during day.
87299-7167102382.jpg
87299-4654030367.jpg
87299-5106905415.jpg
87299-346484352.jpg

Dragibun

Original Poster
Thanks for the info :) I was really worried it might have been suffocated skin that didnt have proper blood circulation from having the shed on for too long.

And yes I use 6% as its enough - I was told this from the breeder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom