poop colors

Status
Not open for further replies.

lando7894561

Hi, my beardy's poop is changing its consistency, and there is to urates, one is yellow, and the other is white. also, the poop's color has changed to a blackish purple color.

any info will help. thanks!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
When did this change start to occur? Sometimes their poop will change consistency or color temporarily due to diet or just upset stomach. If it happens for an extended period it may indicate an underlying issue though. Can you post some photos of it? You can upload photos here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and then post them to your thread using the XIMG button.

What is his usual diet? What do you have in place for UVB lighting and temperatures? Proper UVB exposure and temperature has a direct effect on digestion and overall health.

lando7894561

Original Poster
It started on the 16th, and I think now it might be because I started feeding Smeagol a new dehydrated vegetable and meal-worm mix. his usual diet is this vegetable mix and crickets.
I need a new UVB light fixture because mine only gets it up to 80-90 degrees.
I'll post some photos when I get home.

thanks~

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It could be dietary. The basking temperature definitely needs to be increased. Shoot for 100-105 in the basking area with a gradient down to about 75-80 on the cool side. What type of UVB lighting are you using?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, it is highly likely the color changes & consistency changes are simply from the diet right now. Dehydrated vegetables would cause color changes, perhaps. What type of vegetables are included in the mix?
Is he acting normal, otherwise?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom