RARE STRAIN PIN WORMS 1 YEAR TREATMENT NEED HELP!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaurenMB

Hi, I have two little girl beardies, and I've been treating them both for parasites for almost a whole year. They started out positive for pin worms, hook worms, round worms, and coccidia. Now, I've eradicated all these parasites besides an apparently rare strain of pin worms.

I'm losing it, I clean their tanks every day no matter what with an ammonia solution (which has successfully worked to get rid of the other parasites, link to it http://www.beardeddragon.co/index.php?route=product/product&path=73&product_id=249 ), and I use cardboard boxes for basking spots and paper towel for substrate (which also gets changed daily for fresh cardboard and paper towel). They get panacur in 6 week dosing schedules that consist of dosing the first three days of the first week then repeating that again on the third and fifth week. They eat dubia roaches once a day and get a salad of collard greens (I know, not the best greens, but my one refuses to eat anything else and with the stress she's already going through with the parasites I don't want to give her more). Their tanks are glass, they eat out of paper plates I also throw out every day.

Everything they have besides their actual tanks, lights, and metal lids of their tanks is replaced daily. I don't know what to do anymore. I know it's terrible for their bodies that they've been on dewormers this long, and everyone at the vet knows them by name. I've tried everything, and I'm sick of putting them through unneeded stress and harming their bodies with these harsh medications constantly. ANY KIND OF HELP OR ADVICE ANYONE POSSIBLY HAS WOULD BE SO GREATLY APPRECIATED. I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO OR TRY ANYMORE. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME.

81514-1462703641.jpg
This is my Olive in a sun hat. We estimate she's around 16 months old (don't know birthday).

81514-4430001574.jpg
This is my little Pickle in a cowboy hat. We estimate she's around 12 months old (don't know her birthday either). She is the one that the most damage of the dewormers can be seen with. She looks like a 6 month old beardie and has had her growth completely stunted/stopped.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, what sweet little beardies ! Sorry you've battled so many parasites for so long ! How were they eating before and now during the meds ? Were they eating well before ? I wouldn't dose them for one more day, the meds. are going to wipe out any immune system protection they have and make them susceptible to fungal infections especially. Beardies can and do live with parasites and can live a healthy life. That's my suggestion....let them be dragons, give them probiotics and all the good bugs + veggies they can eat. Collards are fine.....if you have a pesticide free yard you can pick clover + dandelion for them as well. Best wishes for healthy beardies !

LaurenMB

Original Poster
They both have always eaten up great for me and love food, especially Pickle (who would probably eat herself to death if she could). They have a vet appointment on Monday so we'll talk to the vet and tell him about everything and how I really no longer want to continue to treat them considering the dewormers are so harsh on their poor little bodies :( And dealing with fungal infections (especially yellow fungus) is the last thing I want to deal with, already went through the loss of my first beardie to yellow fungus at only about 5 months old. Thanks for the advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom