CANV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wendigo

So my beardie I rescued has been diagnosed with CANV (yellow fungus disease). She is on voriconzole antifungal orally and topical athletes foot cream. I'm not sure if she is going to make it. Shes normal behaving now but from what I read CANV is supposedly always fatal. How contageous is this? I know tank mates can easily pick up the disease but can she pass it onto my clothes and then from there to my other reptiles? I always wash my hands after handling but she does crawl on my clothes/bed/couch/ect.

DaisyDragon123

Sub-Adult Member
If caught very early there is a good chance that CANV can be treated and go into remission.

You will need to disinfect everywhere your dragon has touched. You can use a steamer and then f10sc veterinary disinfectant after steaming.

It is transferred by your clothing so washing is needed. You may want to get disposable gloves for cleaning and handling.

Do not let your dragon roam around the couch, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom