Coccidia (20-30 phpf?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toddzilla1108

Hatchling Member
So I just went to the vet for a fecal test. The results showed normal pinworm levels according to the vet (1-2 eggs i think she said), but high levels of coccidia (20-30 phpf not sure what 'unit' that is).

I was told give .02ml of ponazuril every 14 days for 2 doses.

Do the pin/coccidia levels make sense, along with the dose? Rey is 160 grams and ~13 inches

Before I do so I want to make sure I know what I'm doing (outside of giving her the dose itself). In terms of ponazuril's effect, what I should be keeping an eye on, expectations, etc.

Any help is appreciated! I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions

DaisyDragon123

Sub-Adult Member
I was given Baycox (toltrazuril) for coccidia. I had to give daily for three days. Stop for two weeks and then give daily for three days again. I think the two drugs are very similar.

Toddzilla1108

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hmmm...so something odd I've noticed after giving Rey the medicine. When I pet her the top of her head...it is now doing this weird twitch/spasm...it only started happening after giving her the medicine.Thoughts? She's completely normal otherwise, besides when I pet that one spot.

Okay...she's not doing it anymore...that was freaky though...keeping an eye on it I suppose

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Ponazuril & Toltrazuril are both anti-coccidial agents & have the active ingredient of Baycox so they are the same thing. Toltrazuril is the generic brand.
He just started the twitch after you started treatment?
I suppose the medication could make certain areas more sensitive, but not sure. Could his head area be getting ready to shed?

Tracie

Toddzilla1108

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yeah her head has been in the dull color for about a week now...didn't even think about that.

Another behavior that I didn't see before was sometimes after she eats it's almost like she's stretching her jaw (opening mouth, closing pretty quickly. Not sure if that's normal or not...just playing on the cautious side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom