New dragon, old YF items

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just a got a new dragon and The stuff that I was given from someone was used with a dragon that passed away from yellow fungus 6 years ago. I sprayed everything down and then rubbed it down with white vineager and sprayed it down again. Is it safe to use? The items had sat in a garage untouched for the last 6 years....

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....better to get new items. What exactly are you using, is it the actual tank or just the decor. If it's just decor you can find nice logs, branches + rocks outside. Knock any dirt off, then pop the branches [ no pine or coniferous ] in to a preheated 250 degree oven for an hour. Wash any rocks in hot, soapy vinegar water. Bowls can be just old ones from your own stock or something from a craft store or good will. If you ARE going to use vinegar for cleaning, use red wine vinegar....it's far stronger than bleach but you'd need to clean VERY thoroughly. Y.F. is deadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom