Amoeba Information Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my beardie had coccidia, got my fecal back today after treating with baycox and he came back clean for coccidia but now they are saying he has a "high count" of amoeba. His doctor is out til friday, and the techs could not give me much information about it. Is this stuff contagious? is he in danger? His appetite is fine, hes basking all the normal stuff. its just weird because all the fecals before this one came back only with coccidia and now all of a sudden they found amoeba. Any information you guys can provide on this parasite would be beneficial! thanks.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh, that's too bad. Can you ask them to check it again to be sure and ask where he might have picked it up ? I think that Flagyl is one of the meds. to treat amoebas, or Panacur. Tracie might have some idea about it if you p.m her [ user name Drache613 ]

qwankadank

Original Poster
I have talked to tracie, she's being really helpful! Shes awesome. And sorry about the topic tracie i was just eager to get information.

I asked them where he might have got it and the tech said it could be the food im giving him. He eats repti worms and wax worms as a treat. i had to give him crickets one day last week cause i ran out of worms and the order hadnt came in yet. i may get them to do a fecal again, im waiting to talk to the doctor for my beardie he is out til friday...how convenient!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am just wondering how your dragon is doing now after the treatment or does he still have some time left on the meds?
I hope he is doing better!

Tracie

qwankadank

Original Poster
I haven't took him back in for the fecal yet. They are wanting to do a species specific fecal to see what kind of amoeba it is to see if we should treat or not. It's pretty expensive and I just haven't had time to get a fecal to him. I'm kind of wanting to get somebody else to do a fecal to double check in not sure I'm 100% invested into this vet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom