Cat interactions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClaudiaCabbage

I have a bearded dragon in my room and my cat usually stays up here in my room as well. I was taking my lizard out for a small period of time and my cat (like always) was curious about what I was holding but he wanted to take a closer look.
Ive had my cat for a long period of time and I can tell when he has harmful intentions to another creature but in this moment he seemed more scared than wanting a snack (hes also a pretty picky eater so I doubt he'd go after something reptilian)
I stopped him because I was anxious of what would happen before they could interact.

If my bearded dragon and cat interact what is my cats possibility of contracting salmonella?
I just want to keep them both safe in this situation.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I think your cat will be safe, but if the cat decides to turn on the dragon things can go downhill in a split second. Dragons don't stand much chance against cats and I've read about the devastating results. It's not worth allowing them near eachother in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom