Baby beardie, Yellow Fungus???

Status
Not open for further replies.
New beardie owner here. We got two babies last weekend. I had done research on habitats, food, etc. but had no idea about yellow fungus. I'm afraid this baby (Daphne) has it. Full disclosure, I was missinformed at first and had the dial thermometers that stick on the wall. One fell off and Daphne got stuck to the sticky side. I FREAKED out. But my husband was calm and grabbed the bottle of olive oil and we were able to free her regularly. I noticed the yellow when checking her out after we freed her from the stickiness. At first I thought it was an injury from her trying to get unstuck on her own. But two days later it looked worse, not like it was "healing". When I started to look up possible reasons for it I came across a number of yellow fungus threads. She has the yellowing around her vent, along with some crusting over it. She also has a dark spot over her left shoulder. It was kind of brownish at first (again noticed after she got stuck), but now seems to be darker, almost black. I'm pretty sure a vet visit is going to be happening in our very near future. But do those of you more experienced/knowledgable think this is yellow fungus? I have started "treatment" just incase (short iodine baths, antifungal cream). Any ideas/suggestions are appreciated! I do have a hot and cool side along with the basking platform. Using a mercury vapor bulb for heat/uvb. Also have an under tank heater for night time heat. Substrate is ceramic tile (has some texture so they have grip).

http://s1108.photobucket.com/user/sjnewland82/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpstxfv7d2o.jpeg.html?filters%5Buser%5D=144779848&filters%5Brecent%5D=1&sort=1&o=0

DaisyDragon123

Sub-Adult Member
Are they housed together? Have you soaked the dragon in water and softly scrubbed to see if it is dried poo? Where did you purchase them from?

Sjnewland82

Original Poster
They are currently housed together. I knew that I would probably have to eventually separate them as they grew, but it seems they may have to be separated even sooner. We got them from a breeder. I did give her a bath and tried to gently scrub it with a child's soft toothbrush. She wasn't too fond of that. She has a very healthy appetite and is quite active. I've been feeding them a mix of crickets, greens, juvenile bearded dragon food moistened with water, and super tiny meal worms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom