Atadenovirus Negative Breeders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

So far, there are not any all negative breeders here in the US. There was one awhile back, but she stopped breeding.
Most breeders don't bother with testing, unfortunately. I wish that more would test but maybe in the future more will come on board with testing.

Tracie

DaisyDragon123

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks. I believe I can safely assume that a high percentage of dragons in the US are atadenovirus positive and the ones who aren't probably will be with cross contamination. So I will look no further for breeders with negative colonies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Well, I wouldn't give up on negative colonies. I do come in contact with people who talk about trying to get a negative colony, so hopefully one of these days things will change.
There are a good number of negatives, per information from the lab though. If people are careful there wont be any contamination rates but you have to be vigilant & use care when bringing another dragon into the home.
I will never give up though & hope to have some breeders on board one day.

Tracie

DaisyDragon123

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hopefully, but you are a little more optimistic about people than I am. The whole lack of concern by breeders is baffling. They seem to think the only thing atadenovirus does is kill off hatchlings with an active infection and if their adeno positive hatchlings make it then they are in the clear. What about 3 years down the road? Not the same but it reminds me of diabetes. Many people are just so used to it they no longer worry about trying to prevent it through diet and don't seem all that concerned when first diagnosed. It's not until they face losing a limb that it becomes real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom