F10SC solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preezy

Hello guys, new beardie owner here. I bought my beardie on January 1st (named Drake :lol: ) and noticed he poos EVERYWHERE. I was told by forum users to use F10SC as a disinfectant. Well my bottle came in and i noticed that its not your typical spray bottle. I have to dilute this in a water mixture. I have a 25 fl oz bottle that im going to be using, so my question to you guys is...how should i go about doing this? I don't want to accidently make it way too potent and end up killing Drake in the process (even though i was told this is safe for animals). The disinfectant bottle has a 5 and 10 ml measurement. It says to go by a 1:250 ratio. Someone explain this to me.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
1:250 means You want 1mL of solution per 250mL of water, or 1oz to 250oz of water etc.

A 25floz bottle is 740mL so you'd want 3mL of the F10SC. A measuring dropper or pipette may work best for getting the amount you need rather than the built in measure cup. I squeeze about 5mL into the cup and use the dropper from there in case I spill or something. It also is handy if you want to mix smaller quantities at a time. I think my bottle is 250mL.

I use these: G2Plus® 100PCS 3ml Disposable Plastic Graduated Transfer Pipettes https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00W4QJNYW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_zcxQwb3E60FH1

You might be able to get a medicine dropper like this at pharmacy or Walmart.
Lixit Oral Syringe and Medicine Dropper, 3ml/10ml https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004VLT7LM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_nexQwbDFKTCS1

Preezy

Original Poster
ah thank you so much! yes i will definitly need to go get me one of those droppers then. i didnt want to just guess and pour out what i THOUGHT was 3 ml. You're a life saver

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I just got a new bottle of F10SC tonight and went through the same thing. I have a 12oz spray bottle which would come to around .71ml per bottle at 1:500. I used a 1ml plastic syringe to measure it out. An even 2ml would be about right for a full Nalgene (1000ml) bottle of water at 1:500 or 4ml per nalgene at the stronger 1:250 ratio which would work if you want to make some ahead of time and store it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom