HELP!!!! Shedding problem or DISEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cmiranda44

Hello everyone,

Our 6 Month old beardie Draco has been having difficulty shedding in some areas. Mostly on his back, neck and arms. He seems to be aggitated and hasn't been eating as much lately. I also noticed a yellowish round spot on his belly that seems to be getting worse. He is our first bearded dragon, trying to understand what's normal and what's not. Please help with identifying what this may be and what steps we need to take.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....your little guy is having a shed problem but it does look like he has some fungal infection as well. If you can find ONLY a good experienced reptile vet, they can do a skin scraping to test for fungus. Some vets prescribe antibiotics which does not help if this is fungus....so be ware of that. For now you can put either Lamisil [ terbinafine ] cream or some raw honey, not the grocery store kind which is paseurized. It must be raw, unpasteurized to contain the antimicrobial properties. If you use honey, be sure not to leave ant loose crckets in the tank. If your beardie does have fungus, the topical cream or honey will help but you may need an oral med. called itraconazole or voraconazole. Hopefully it's not serious and the topicals will take care of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom