Diluting Ponazuril Paste

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vet gave me 150mg/ml paste; I assume this is Marquis horse paste. Anyway, dose is .01 cc which is difficult to measure, so was wondering if anyone has diluted the paste for dosing purposes. Would water be okay, or simple syrup?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is he figuring the dose from a paste that is 150mg/ml?
I can easily dose your dragon if you need. How much does he weigh & I will figure it just with the paste, as is. So you did decide to treat him? I am still looking for that exact chart, but can't seem to find it.
The levels you mentioned though really are not bad. However, the ponazuril definitely wont hurt, just giving a couple of doses though.

Tracie

beardedlarry

Original Poster
Thank you. I did treat, but hope we can get this information posted for others. If in fact those numbers are within a tolerable range, it would have been good to know. I will get a fresh weight amd post it to make sure we dosed correctly. He is getting .01 ml undiluted and is six months old.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Ok great, I can take a look at it if you need. I hope it helps him out.
It sounds like the dose is doing good for him. He hasn't had any side effects from it?
This medication is usually pretty mild & rarely causes side effects.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom