Beardie has g.candidum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

There are quite a few on the forum who have treated yellow fungus with Voriconazole.
Are you giving probiotics as well? How long has your dragon been on the medication?
Is he eating very well right now?
I hope he is faring well on the treatment.

Tracie

Yellowhair

Original Poster
This is a rare fungus that attacks an immune compromised host. Possible he could have lymphoma or adrenal insufficiency. Back to vet next Saturday. Maybe lab work.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

OH I hope it isn't a cancer. A blood test would definitely be helpful to test his kidneys. Does he get adequate hydration regularly?
Let us know how the vet visit & blood test goes.
Is he eating much right now or maintaining his weight or losing weight?

Tracie

Yellowhair

Original Poster
I am spoon feeding veggies and Grub pie daily with Vits and Calcium. He gets soaked outside in the sunshine daily. He gets up every morning and gets in his basking spot. He poops 2-3 times a week. All sounds good but he will not eat on his own and he closes his eyes a lot. Don't think he has lost weight. Mouth is nice and pink.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It sounds like he is doing well though, overall. At least you are managing to get food into him then pretty easily.
The outdoor time should help quite a bit. Does he seem to enjoy it also?
I am glad to hear he gets himself up & he basks normally. You could try getting some bee pollen to help out with his appetite some as well as immune system, too.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom