Diagnosed with bacteria in poop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a fecal done and Kermit has bacteria in his poop. He was prescribed Flagyl for 10 days. Does anyone have any tips? Cleaning, furniture, acidophilus, anything. Haha I have never dealt with this before and any tips or tricks would be appreciated! Thank you!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Great you got a fecal done on Kermit, but sorry he has flagelletes or protozoans. The Flagyl should knock it out though.
It is usually a good idea to take everything out of the tank & clean/soak it with a solution like chlorhexadine/novalsan or F10, etc then rinse it out with hot water & let air dry. You can bake wooden items at 250 or so, for 30 or so minutes to disinfect. You can put in cardboard items for basking, etc & use paper towels for easy clean up.
It is a bit of a pain but better to use the disposable items so you don't have to keep cleaning everything & you can just throw the paper, etc out.
Which acidophiliz are you using, you had one for human use, is it non dairy?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom