3 types of worms, a large appetite, but no poop???

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaurenMB

Hi, I just got a beardie a couple weeks ago (I already own one other currently, and he's now my 3rd I've owned). I took him to the vet last week and found out he has hookworms, roundworms, and pin worms (and possibly coccidia). My other beardie has pin worms (and possibly coccidia also). My new one, Pickle, is prescribed 0.03 ml of Albon daily for 10 days and 0.03 ml of panacur once every two weeks for 3 treatments. My other beardie, Olive, is prescribed 0.15 ml of panacur once every two weeks for 3 treatments (and some eye drops twice daily for 10 days for another unrelated problem). Olive has stopped craving her normal salad in the morning and 30-35 0.75" dubia roaches daily and now only eats 15-20 and half her normal salad, but that's expected from the medication. I started giving them both acidophiluz+ today (didn't realize I had it still and unopened) so hopefully that'll help Olive's appetite some. Pickle is the one I'm worried about. He acts like he could eat 50+ 0.25 dubia roaches, but I only let him eat about 20-25 (that's the amount the herp vet I go to said he should stay around/under). He also eats his morning salad still (he's cut back a little on the salad, but not much). The problem is that he hasn't pooped in two days and now today makes day 3. He normally poops every two days (not as often as my other) but he's only pooped once since last Thursday when he started his medication (and he pooped on Thursday too right after I gave him it). Is this normal or should I be concerned? He's still insanely hungry and acts completely normal with lots of energy, but I'm concerned about the lack of poop. I'm going to give him a bath tonight to see if it helps, but do either of the medications he's on cause any constipation? Thank you!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....is he still growing ? If so you can feed him the higher number of insects, at least closer to what he was used to. And don't worry....he'll poo any day now they always do. :)

LaurenMB

Original Poster
Yeah he's like 2 months old (I think) and probably like 6 inches long (haven't actually measured yet). The herp vet told me to not feed too many roaches because my other is 5-6 months old and already 16 inches and kinda pudgy, and he talked about how if they grow too fast it might burn them out and cause them to die earlier and have health problems earlier (based on a study done before on chameleons, although there hasn't been one on beardies yet) and because if they get fat it could cause liver failure and death (didn't know :c). And yeah I'm sure he'll poop soon, although it's day 4 and still none so he's going to be getting another warm bath tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom