Exposed to yellow fungus

This forum is for people to discuss the issues specifically around having to deal with infectious diseases such as Adeno virus or Coccidia.

Exposed to yellow fungus

Postby 2BeardiesInNJ » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:03 am

[TOPIC AUTO-LOCKED DUE TO INACTIVITY]

I have 2 beardies who have been in the same enclosure since I got them in January. One has been sickly so I removed him and put him in a new tank a few days ago. Yesterday I discovered that he has a small area of yellow fungus on his belly. Is there any way I can prevent my healthy female from getting the fungus? I am sure that she was exposed, since I found the spot on the male only a couple of days after moving him. I have cleaned/sanitized everything extremely thoroughly. Should I start betadine soaks or something? I am totally panicking. Do I have to just wait and see? This is torture!
2BeardiesInNJ
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Exposed to yellow fungus

Postby Gail » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:55 am

betadine bath would be a good idea, it will kill off any spores that might be on her.
Gail
BD.org Addict

Postby Drache613 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:43 pm

Hello,

OH dear! I agree, a diluted betadine bath would be helpful.
Did you sanitize her tank also, with a steamer too or other cleaner?

Tracie
Drache613

Postby 2BeardiesInNJ » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:07 am

Yes, we sanitized the tank as well as possible. I do not own a steamer, but everything is clean and I dried everything very thoroughly. I completely removed 2 ornaments from the tank that have a lot of ridges, because I was afraid I couldn't get them clean enough. Her skin still looks great, but she hasn't been acting right for the last day or two so I'm getting very nervous. We just have to wait and see, I guess.
2BeardiesInNJ
Newbie Poster

Postby Beardienatic » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:15 pm

Hi, sorry for the late reply, but how is it going with your babies?
Beardienatic
Hatchling Poster

Postby 2BeardiesInNJ » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:11 pm

Thanks for checking in! Sadly, the male passed away in July. Thankfully, the female (who we named Luke because we were sure we had a boy when we bought her!) is doing extremely well. He (she) has no signs of yellow fungus and is growing big and strong! I'm hoping that we are out of the woods now, but I am still completely paranoid and I check his skin every day.
2BeardiesInNJ
Newbie Poster

Postby Beardienatic » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:40 pm

Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss! Its great that Luke is doing so well, congratulations on curing her/him from Yellow Fungus, I've never experienced it (actually don't even have my beardie yet), but it seems like its hard to do, so good job!
Beardienatic
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Dealing with Infectious Diseases