Treating Yellow Fungus Disease

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitlings

Original Poster
Hey there. Wow it's been a while since I posted. Laza is doing GREAT. There has been no sign of fungus for almost a year now. We're living in a new place now too. Here's a picture of her! The green stuff is an artificial "moss wall" that she loves to sleep on every night. Excuse the crappy thermometer, I will buy a digital one soon...

80790-3042420312.jpg

Thankfully, she's not on any medication anymore. Just eating salads and bugs! Our vet was seriously a life-saver. She's still kind of a skinny dragon, but she is very active nonetheless.

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
I'm so glad I came across this post. I have 2 dragons just recently diagnosed with YF. I bought a hammock off etsy and I am 99% sure that is where it came from since all my dragons were completely healthy until I got the hammock. The one with the hammock I had to euthanize BC she was so sick after 2 weeks. My other 2 came in contact with a log that Sophie was on before I knew she had yf.

Anyway my vet has mine on the same meds plus Terbinafine. It hasn't been quite a week yet. I have hope after hearing good things about it. Every forum tells me to euthanize them. I won't unless I see them suffering. Thank you for the update on your dragon. Gives me some hope.

Kitlings

Original Poster
Hi Laura, I'm so sorry to hear that. :( It's terrible that people online are telling you to euthanize. Reptiles take a long time to heal, so it may take weeks or months, but I would definitely give your dragon a chance! If it truly has to be done, I'm sure your vet would let you know...

I stress the importance of A.) Giving the medicine consistently, exactly as your vet directed, while never skipping a day. and B.) Disinfecting everything in the tank. I had to throw away most of my dragon's decor since it could not stand up to frequent bleaching. I pretty much just kept the tiles and 1 fake rock. It was a pain, but it had to be done. :/ Some people just line the floor with only paper towel and change it daily instead.

Avoid cross-contamination with your other reptiles as well. It's rare but I read that it can spread to other species as well, so be careful with your other scaly babies. I wish you luck <3

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
Thank you. I have gotten rid of all tile and use newspaper. I change that every other day. I got plastic platforms and I use those with a towel over them so I can throw them in the wash to bleach them. I wear gloves when handling them. They get their meds everyday and I'm making sure to not skip! I was doing daily bentadine baths until I read Tracie's post, so now I'll do every 2 days. I have silver sulfate cream that I put on them too. It's a hard battle but I'm trying to deal the best I can!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom