Treating Yellow Fungus Disease

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitlings

Original Poster
Hey there. Wow it's been a while since I posted. Laza is doing GREAT. There has been no sign of fungus for almost a year now. We're living in a new place now too. Here's a picture of her! The green stuff is an artificial "moss wall" that she loves to sleep on every night. Excuse the crappy thermometer, I will buy a digital one soon...

80790-3042420312.jpg

Thankfully, she's not on any medication anymore. Just eating salads and bugs! Our vet was seriously a life-saver. She's still kind of a skinny dragon, but she is very active nonetheless.

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
I'm so glad I came across this post. I have 2 dragons just recently diagnosed with YF. I bought a hammock off etsy and I am 99% sure that is where it came from since all my dragons were completely healthy until I got the hammock. The one with the hammock I had to euthanize BC she was so sick after 2 weeks. My other 2 came in contact with a log that Sophie was on before I knew she had yf.

Anyway my vet has mine on the same meds plus Terbinafine. It hasn't been quite a week yet. I have hope after hearing good things about it. Every forum tells me to euthanize them. I won't unless I see them suffering. Thank you for the update on your dragon. Gives me some hope.

Kitlings

Original Poster
Hi Laura, I'm so sorry to hear that. :( It's terrible that people online are telling you to euthanize. Reptiles take a long time to heal, so it may take weeks or months, but I would definitely give your dragon a chance! If it truly has to be done, I'm sure your vet would let you know...

I stress the importance of A.) Giving the medicine consistently, exactly as your vet directed, while never skipping a day. and B.) Disinfecting everything in the tank. I had to throw away most of my dragon's decor since it could not stand up to frequent bleaching. I pretty much just kept the tiles and 1 fake rock. It was a pain, but it had to be done. :/ Some people just line the floor with only paper towel and change it daily instead.

Avoid cross-contamination with your other reptiles as well. It's rare but I read that it can spread to other species as well, so be careful with your other scaly babies. I wish you luck <3

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
Thank you. I have gotten rid of all tile and use newspaper. I change that every other day. I got plastic platforms and I use those with a towel over them so I can throw them in the wash to bleach them. I wear gloves when handling them. They get their meds everyday and I'm making sure to not skip! I was doing daily bentadine baths until I read Tracie's post, so now I'll do every 2 days. I have silver sulfate cream that I put on them too. It's a hard battle but I'm trying to deal the best I can!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom