yellow fungus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chelsmm

82357-4714715257.jpg
82357-3037485555.jpg

This is our newly adopted beardie, Calvin. He came to us today from another home where he lived for three months. Before that he was with another family for about 3 years, and a pet store for about 2 years before that. I noticed when he brought him home today that he has yellow around his eyes. Is this a normal color or a fungus? I haven't picked him up and inspected his underbelly yet because he's still spooked from the car ride and the new surroundings. He's very sweet and friendly, but he's also kind of nervous right now. Any help would be appreciated. This is our first experience with bearded dragons.

(I can't figure out how to turn the images, and the lighting isn't great, but hopefully the yellow shows enough)

Thanks, Chelsea.

chelsmm

Original Poster
Of note- Calvin just recently shed. On Thursday when we met him for the first time he had a little shedding skin left on his front leg.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Chelsea.....Calvin looks very healthy + beautiful. :) You are right, the lighting is not good so the pics are not showing all shades of color, but there does not seem to be anything that looks like Y.F. Many dragons have a touch of yellow around the eyes/mouth/ beard. Y.F. generally makes the area look like the scales are mucky and the spot would be irregular, different than a shed though.

chelsmm

Original Poster
Oh good. Thanks. I looked at a ton of pictures on the computer last night and saw that many beardies have yellow around their eyes also.

We took him out yesterday for a few minutes to run around and again this morning. I didn't get any pictures because he was a little freaked out and didn't last long outside of his tank.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, I'm sure the color on his face is normal, I wouldn't worry about it at all. Hopefully he'll settle in soon to be a happy part of your family. He's been passed around a bit, so no wonder he's a bit nervous. He looks great though, so I think he'll do well. :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, there doesn't look to be any fungal looking areas. It is pretty common to have yellow around the eyes. I hope he settles in for you. :D That is hard on them to go from home to home.
He is a great looking dragon!

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom