mouth rot!? i have no idea what to do:( please help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few weeks ago(2) I noticed that my beardie had a pretty big ulcer in her mouth towards the front of her mouth. I barely have enough money to afford myself let alone a 60$ vet visit. After doing some research I found a lot of people have been treating it with betadine? I need some advice. I feel like it gets bigger everyday and I just wanna hold her off til I have enough money to actually take her to the vet. I'm really worried. I love my little girl:/ so I basically have 3 questions:
Should I go get the betadine? If so how much should I treat it with?
Is there any other things I could use to help her?
Will she be okay?
I am gonna try to post a picture of it just not really sure how to. The ulcer is yellow and red. She's been eating like normal. And she's been running around like normal.
Please help!!!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Do you have any pictures of that we could see? Do you know what caused the mouth sore initially?
Here is a link to help with posting pictures for you:

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/#new

You can use some betadine. Be sure that you do dilute it though, to where it resembles very weak tea. Use a swab to gently clean the area & try to wipe away any dead skin/tissue gently.
Since she is eating very well, that is a great sign it has not gone into a systemic infection yet.
You can keep her tank around 80 over night right now just to help boost her immune system for the meantime.
There really isn't anything else to treat it with, other than a local antibiotic.
If you are located in the US, there is a product called Nolvadent that is highly successful in treating mouth issues too. It is available without a prescription.
Here is a link to check it out also:

http://www.1800petmeds.com/Nolvadent+Oral+Cleansing+Solution-prod10239.html

Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom