Yellow Fungus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyrotaz68

Attached is a picture of my son's bearded dragon Spike. A little history we bought Spike in a private sale. Was owned by a husband and wife who both got new jobs and would not be around to take care of Spike like they would like. Spike developed some yellow on her belly in January. I took a picture and brought it in to show a vet local to us and he said to soak in a betadine/water mixture and we did and a few days later Spike shed the yellow skin and all seemed well. A few days ago it came back. Spike acts the same and seems in no distress, eats well and only poops about once a week which is normal for Spike. Attached is a picture
81374-3125064094.jpg
. Could this be Yellow Fungus? And another just because
81374-5376224569.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
From what I've seen, YF tends to scab and cause damage to the scales. I don't see signs of that in these pictures so It's possible Spike's skin shed just has a yellow tint to it. You could bring her to the vet so a sample can be taken and tested to be sure though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexreynolds
Top Bottom