Cost of ADV testing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, everyone. I just took in a new beardie that is 2 years old, but very small (about 9-10 inches & less than 100 grams). He wasn't taken care of properly (on sand, same bulbs for the last 2 years, only fed 15-20 crickets a week that were also too large for his size & he occasionally ate pellets too, had water bowl but no misting or baths). He's always had a 40 gallon glass tank with a screen top which came with him. I'm hoping his lack of care is what has caused his stunted growth, but I also know that Atadenovirus can cause stunted growth. He now has all the proper lighting, is receiving baths, has been eating well, & will be getting his carpet for his tank tomorrow. He does have a visit scheduled tomorrow afternoon with a herp vet, & I mentioned wanting to test him for ADV. A different vet told me the testing can be expensive, but couldn't give me an idea or range of about what it would cost, so, I was wondering if anyone here could give me an idea of about how much it will cost? Luckily, I already quarantine any new beardies in separate rooms from my others for a couple of months, so, my other babies haven't been in contact with him or anything that has had contact with him & of course I wash my hands very thoroughly after handling him. Any help would very much appreciated. Thank you.

ParkerandMe

Hatchling Member
I don't know how much could have been caused by ADV as it sounds like a result of those bad conditions, but I had my bd tested when he was a baby for ADV which was around $70 if I remember correctly, plus money for appetite stimulation and calcium supplementation. My guy has ADV but the actual symptoms went away after a few weeks and he is now very healthy and happy, I just keep him separated from my brother's gecko as it is easily contracted by all reptiles. It's a fairly common virus so please don't think if he does have it is a major crisis you just need to take the necessary precautions. Great job for taking him in he's so small and is now getting the love he deserves. Best of luck!!
-Claire

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Are you still wanting to test your dragon?
I support a PCR test out of a Dallas, TX lab & it runs $18 per sample/test & $1 for the swab cost. If you want to sign up, you can go to my site at:

www.thepats.info

How is your dragon doing? I hope he is improving now.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom