Cost of ADV testing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, everyone. I just took in a new beardie that is 2 years old, but very small (about 9-10 inches & less than 100 grams). He wasn't taken care of properly (on sand, same bulbs for the last 2 years, only fed 15-20 crickets a week that were also too large for his size & he occasionally ate pellets too, had water bowl but no misting or baths). He's always had a 40 gallon glass tank with a screen top which came with him. I'm hoping his lack of care is what has caused his stunted growth, but I also know that Atadenovirus can cause stunted growth. He now has all the proper lighting, is receiving baths, has been eating well, & will be getting his carpet for his tank tomorrow. He does have a visit scheduled tomorrow afternoon with a herp vet, & I mentioned wanting to test him for ADV. A different vet told me the testing can be expensive, but couldn't give me an idea or range of about what it would cost, so, I was wondering if anyone here could give me an idea of about how much it will cost? Luckily, I already quarantine any new beardies in separate rooms from my others for a couple of months, so, my other babies haven't been in contact with him or anything that has had contact with him & of course I wash my hands very thoroughly after handling him. Any help would very much appreciated. Thank you.

ParkerandMe

Hatchling Member
I don't know how much could have been caused by ADV as it sounds like a result of those bad conditions, but I had my bd tested when he was a baby for ADV which was around $70 if I remember correctly, plus money for appetite stimulation and calcium supplementation. My guy has ADV but the actual symptoms went away after a few weeks and he is now very healthy and happy, I just keep him separated from my brother's gecko as it is easily contracted by all reptiles. It's a fairly common virus so please don't think if he does have it is a major crisis you just need to take the necessary precautions. Great job for taking him in he's so small and is now getting the love he deserves. Best of luck!!
-Claire

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Are you still wanting to test your dragon?
I support a PCR test out of a Dallas, TX lab & it runs $18 per sample/test & $1 for the swab cost. If you want to sign up, you can go to my site at:

www.thepats.info

How is your dragon doing? I hope he is improving now.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom