Giardia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe90

Hey I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on how to clean my dragon's viv for Giardia. Shenron had been acting antisocial, lethargic, not eating much, and trouble going bathroom. Brought him to vet an had a fecal done and came positive for Giardia but not for pinworms. Meds will be in monday. What can i do to throughly clean his viv for that? -thanks

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Dilute bleach(1:10) or a quaternary ammonium cleaner like F10 will be easiest. Apply and rinse per the directions on the package. Steam can be used but the contact time and temps are pretty high. Minimizing furniture and clutter in the cage will make cleaning easier. Using disposable substrate during treatment will also make it easier to keep clean.

Be mindful of good handwashing and hygiene for yourself too - giardia is potentially transmissible to humans.

Hope Shenron feels better soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewsalecia2015
Top Bottom