Albon vs. Reptaid

Status
Not open for further replies.

pogismom

Hatchling Member
I wanted to get some feedback on whether or not Reptaid is a better option for dealing with Coccidia than Albon. My vet has put Rocky on the Albon for the Coccidia but I have heard that there has been some negative effects from it, and that many breeders prefer Reptaid.

Any advice on this? Wanting to see where I should order it, and also how to tell address it with my vet.

Thanks!

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Maybe see if your vet would prescribe baycox/toltrazuril instead? It's a coccidicide (sp?) and is supposed to be bit less harsh. Can't speak to the reptaid as I've never used it, it's an herbal supplement not a "drug" - not sure if your vet would be open to it or not. Some vets are pretty understanding if you talk to them.

pogismom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Can someone help with understanding the dosage on the Baycox liquid toltrazuril? I saw the site they sold it and was at a loss...

Rocky weighs 247 grams and is 7 mths old and 16 inches long...I can't figure out the math...

Thanks for any help on this!

pogismom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Also has anyone used the Flukers Repta-Boost when giving meds? Again, the dosage behooves me...plus I don't know if he should get this on top of everything else I am giving him....

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Already put a call into my vet to get feedback on the Baycox.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I can help dose the toltrazuril. What was the concentration of it?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom