Allowing your beardie out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
For those of you that have multiple beardies and are afraid of letting an infectious one out for fear of your other reptiles contracting the illness I have a suggestion for you. You can get some hospital blue pads at the drugstore, I call them chucks and put them in window sills, on furniture, your bed, the floor and let your ill beardie enjoy his out of tank time. These pads have a plastic liner on the bottom and an absorbent top layer and used to keep infectious fluids off bedding and stuff in hospitals. When you put your beardie back in its tank, roll the pads up and put them in a small grocery sack or other small garbage bag, tie it up and toss it out. If you find that blue pads are to expensive or you cant find them, then puppy wee wee pads will do the same thing. No contamination to furniture, bedding, window sills cause the plastic liner on the bottom will not let anything pass through it. This will cut down on cleaning and will make things safer for your non sick beardies to be out. These could also be used in the tank for beardies that have parasites, just lay them over the flooring/substrate, they get soiled, nothing leaks through, roll them and toss them out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom