Mites? or Not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, I need some advice! What does this look like? Is it Mites?? If it is, I'm planning on getting "Mite off" and seeing if that works. Has anyone used it? Personal experiences/ advice would be great! Thanks!!
1508176_10201621025034498_721783682_n.jpg

brittani299

Extreme Poster
Hello :). Those look like mites. I would bath your beardie and get as many off as you can. I wouldn't use mite off it doesn't work. My boa had mites and they got bad. Here is what I did to get rid of them. Get your beardie out of the tank. Put it in a storage tub like a 30 gallon or so. Clean your beardies tank completely. Take all the decor out and run it through the dish washer. Take the tank and put some bleach and hot hot water in it. Let it soak for a while. Get a wash rag and wash all the walls. If it is really cold where you live like 30 or lower put the tank outside as well. Mites will die off at that temp. Your tank and decor should be clean by now. Now your beardie will just need cleaned of mites. For this give your beardie a bath in benodine iodine. Mix it with water so it looks like weak tea. The iodine will kill the mites. The mites will hide in the folds of your skin so with a soft rag try cleaning all the areas of your beardie. Put your beardie back in the tub with the basking light over night. In the morning look for any living mites and repeat. Sadly this is a lot of work but it is really the only thing that works. Mites are hard things to kill. Forgot to add. If you r tank was by a wall, on a shelf or what ever clean all around there. Mites can climb any surface. Make sure you vacuum your carpets as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom